Not my Real Name

Monday, January 07, 2008

Said lists and numbers

I told some of you of my brilliant plan to just turn the trip into a giant zine. Well, I lost steam. But here's one of the lists I made:

12/24/07
# of minutes before I had a drink in my hand after arriving from the airport: approx 15
# of drinks I had: 5 or 6 (?)
vodka tonic
champagne
at least 2 glasses of good red wine
more and better champagne
more good red wine
Food I consumed:
Appetizers: pears, grapes and bleucheese
variety of crackers with alouette cheese and foie gras
goldfish crackers
seasoned cashews
Meal: A big, fancy roast, lil bloody in the middle, with horseradish
corn souffle
spinach souffle
mashed potatoes
roll w/ butter
salad w/ avocado and pomegranate seeds
Dessert: yule log cake
caffeinated coffee my aunt served as decaf (!)
Roll Call: Mer, Debs, Kent, Dad, Mom, Dennis, Claudia, Luca, Shirley, 3 dogs (Lulu, Huxley, Trixy), me
Names I Was Called: Kathy, Kath, Bopper, Struby, Mary the K, Dolly, Dolly Bird, Dolly Bop
What I Wore: brown cords, brown boaty shoes (what's that pattern called?), brown and white striped button up, blue V-Neck
Where I slept: love seat pull out twin bed couch thing at Mer's/Debs and Kent's; I could hear the ocean; their grandfather clock rang every hour and half hour; I woke constantly
# of conversations I had to exit: incalculable
# of lesbian jokes made at dinner table by mildly homophobic uncle: 1
# of people who overheard my under-the-breath comment afterwards: 2
# of times I managed to mention that gender is a social construct: 3!
# of things I did and wouldn't have if I wasn't drunk: 1 (show my bike accident hip scar)
# of rounds I made my bet at the Oh Hell game: 12
# of rounds I didn't: 1
# of points I finished with: 122
Place it got me: 1st (over Kent by 14! ha!)
Highlight: Playing Oh Hell and joking with Mer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home