Not my Real Name

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Still Embracing the Past

So I'm here. And since writing my post yesterday, I really have thought about my past. And, since I talked about those other blogs, I went to see if they still existed. Get this? The one does. And y'know when I started it? December 2002. I remember. I was at Autumn's house. No. I was at Autumn's best friend Megan's house in Camarillo, CA.

Woh. I just went through a whole bunch of updates about Autumn, and Megan, and Autumn and Megan, and the point is: that sucker was around for a while. 12/02 to 9/05.

That sucker was around for the entirety of The Ex, which means it was around for the entirety of the lies, which I find mildly humorous now, seeing how the title of that blog is "i'm just me" when, at that point, i'm just lies.

But there's no need to shame spiral over the past. I'm past that. So if you're really bored, check it out: struby.blogspot.com.

I'm not really bored, but I keep going there to read it over, because I am in this selflove, selfcurious place, and I want to know who I was back then. How much of me has changed? What's changed? What's stayed the same? It's quite fascinating I find. (Por ejemplo, this blog starts with "maybe I'll get a tattoo or start smoking pot".)

So, in total and complete honor of MoFo and Howray and whichever friend of their's started it, a modified Funniest Sentences Currently in my Inbox:

Funniest Sentences I Just Found From My Old Blog:
- Reason #2 - I ate ants.
- Reason #3 - I poisoned all my food that didn't have ants on it.
- College is more important than God.
- Warning: Armadillos
- "This is the JAM!" - Katie, about every song she's ever heard
- Hearing: Britney's "My Perogative" as Beth, Katie, and Debbi practice their routine ("It's the JAM!")
- I wish I could say that things have gotten better since I ate ants, but I got viciously attacked by a dog.
- On my way back up the beach, I counted how many steps from the water to my front door: 174.
- By the way, is there anyone out there who speaks Spanish and would be willing to be a reference for me?
- And now, an aside on the brilliance of abridged versions. Uh, they're brilliant.
- “No. 37 + 50 does not equal 100. The answer is not always 50.”
- "Other people think, in the world, you know, they say that is ham, but this is ham."
- Also: 12 year olds know about “really very good wine.”
- “Yes, that. I am very hungry about it.”
“Angry?”
“Oh, yes, angry. Not hungry. I’m very cross.”
- (I'm not sure on any of this, because--as I've already stated--I didn't understand any Spanish and therefore anything that she was saying.)
- I would write you a personal letter thanking you for your help, and I won't smell bad!
- 3. Mullets are ugly.
- But not before showing us a whole one, picking it up by it's eye sockets (having to push the eyeballs back to accomplish this), wiggling the bait thing dangling off it's head, and opening and closing it's mouth repeatedly while making various chomping and eating noises.

Oh god. There's so much more. And pictures. Good pictures. And baddddddd pictures.

Here's to continuing to love me, and the former mes. I'm off to dinner with Sarah. My lovely, lovely Sarah, never afraid to tell me how much she loves all of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home