Not my Real Name

Monday, May 08, 2006

The Possibilities of Another New Book All About Me

Hey, who’s really sick of me not updating? Well, I am, so here’s the beginning of an unfinished poem I wrote yesterday. I just, y’know, wrote something and feel like I should put something up to keep us all occupied a little bit longer. In similar news, I totally finished not only my notebook, but also my journal this weekend. Awesome! And I’m really excited about my new journal. I’m still shopping for a new notebook.

And why don’t I give another quick update while I’m here? Last week Jessa and I had a pretty intense talk about moving in together. She really wants to and I really don’t. Lucky for me, I’m the one who wins in this situation. But it still sucks that I have to hurt her. But I mean, come on. It hasn’t even been six months. And I love my place. I know probably most of you out there will think my main reasoning is because of her and how yeah, that would be a bad idea to live with her; but truly, it’s for me and my sake. I don’t think anyone, including me, is really aware of just how selfless I can be. If I were to live with someone else, especially someone I’m in a relationship with, I would make myself so invisible no one would even realize I’m gone. Because I come back in the form of serving others and the lack of me isn’t noticed for the stand-in me taking care of everyone else. I don’t know all the reasons I do stuff like this, but at least I’m at the point where I can realize that I do, and work not to.

Whew. I didn’t think I’d be able to finish that paragraph and still make sense, but I think I may have pulled it off.

And now, without further ado, an unfinished, unedited poem from yours truly:

I’ve watched you breathe fire
With ever day I’ve known you.
No matter what sort of dried leaves
Between your lungs and the flame—
Your air overpowers the element.

You pass this fire from within your chest
Deep into my gums and throat
By way of lips and tongue and teeth.
You burn down the core of my solidity.

Through your fiery hands
My goose-bumped skin burns and blisters;
Red and inflamed in remembrance of your presence.


So I’m thinking what should happen next is to continue the flames and fire moving down my body and go over what happens. I don’t know what I want the ending to be, or even what my overall meaning should be so I can’t end it until I figure that out, but I’m okay with the language and description in those words, so I’m sharing it.

Okay. Done justifying. Hopefully now that the semester’s (almost) over I can post regularly again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home